Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech) is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois. With over 40 majors specializing in engineering, science, psychology, architecture, business, and technology. There are opportunities to study both Undergraduate and Graduate programs.
Ranked 96* nationally
U.S. News & World Report, 2019
Ranked 5th in the U.S. for Master in Finance*
The Financial Time, 2018
World’s leading design schools
Focus on science, technology, engineering, and related field
Most innovative advancements of the modern age
Alumni include a Nobel laureate and the inventor of the cell phone
Chicago is a great environment to study, conduct research, and explore a diverse range of intellectual and professional pursuits. From medicine to financial markets and from high-tech start-ups to non-profits, Chicago provides countless pathways in life. The city’s growing tech field feeds growth in multiple sectors, including science, management, energy, and marketing and creative industries.
Best City in the world*
*Time Out’s 2018 City Life Index
7th in the Global Cities Index*
TOP 10 cities for technology careers*
Famous Chicagoans include Walt Disney, Oprah, Hillary Clinton and Obama
Thriving metropolis with a rich cultural history
A fantastic place for entertainment, sporting events and art museums
With the city now home to dozens of accelerators, incubators, and co-working spaces, there has never been a better time to work in Chicago. The education students receive from Illinois Tech helps them become part of the innovation that is driving Chicago forward and helping the city gain global recognition to become an international hub for talent and infrastructure.
Students have had internships at Microsoft, U.S. Bank, Kellogg’s, Google and IBM
Illinois Tech has amazing Job fairs attended by top companies
Chicago is home to companies like United Airlines, Google, McDonald’s, Motorola,
Great network opportunities
There are nine residence halls and two apartment buildings in which 1600 students can make their "home away from home" while they pursue their education. The residence halls offer a focused and dynamic living and learning environment. In addition, Office of Residence Life coordinates operational efforts with several University-affiliated Greek Houses.
Illinois Tech’s State Street Village was named one of the “coolest dorms in the nation”*. The futuristic exterior echoes Chicago’s nearby “L” trains. Inside, the rooms feature matching architect-designed metal and wood furnishings. *by U.S. News & World Report
Every student receives a Ventra U-Pass
(unlimited access to CTA public transportation citywide)
Close to Guaranteed Rate Field home of the Chicago White Sox
7 minutes from Downtown Chicago
- A meal plan that makes sense for you
- Vegetarian or Halal? Meat-lover? Gluten-free? You've got options
- Six locations around campus to get a bite to eat
- More than 150 different student organizations for you to get involved in.
- From to bitcoin club, which promote and educate on the advancements of cryptocurrencies, to Film club, which organizes campus films
- Illinois Tech's athletic teams, known as the Scarlet Hawks,
- State of the facilities, cently-refinished regulation basketball and volleyball court, two auxiliary courts, the six-lane Ekco Pool, a fully functional fitness center, and an athletic training office, eating Sports Center
- 17 National competing teams. As well as many other teams to join from E-Sports to Basketball
- Nine residence halls and two apartment buildings in which 1600 students can make their "home away from home"
- Illinois Tech’s State Street Village was named one of the “coolest dorms in the nation”* The futuristic exterior echoes Chicago’s nearby “L” trains. Inside, the rooms feature matching architect-designed metal and wood furnishings.
- As well as several University-affiliated Greek Houses.
* U.S. News & World Report